There is a period of time when I am not employed and I came across a Klinik 1Malaysia at Kampung Muhibbah, located in Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur in OUG. To me, it’s a wonderful experience and since then I would never think twice to come whenever I am sick and if the children had common illness like flu, cough, fever, and sore throat.They have a proper registration counter and you will need to bring your NRIC along for verification each time. You will be charged at RM1 for each visit, and if you are an OKU card holder just like my daughter, you can enjoy a free visit without any payment.
Depends to area, normally the waiting hour is bearable, even better than private clinics, especially paediatrics.
The doctors are very well mannered, and they will take time to examine, explaining to you in details on what you should do and not, prescribed with enough medicine for a week.
Further to that, please do note too on the below:A) Klinik 1Malaysia is for mild treatment, which I will explain in their scope of services at the bottom of this article.
B) Klinik kesihatan Is a bigger clinic that accepts mild critical condition or referral/ follow up cases
C) Hospital Is meant for critical Illness
It Is advisable to ensure that you are at the correct places to enable one had their Illness being treated at the spot. This Is to avoid trouble of ending at the wrong place, especially when we are dealing with Injuries that Involves one's life.
For your convenience, here is the full list of klinik 1Malaysia, an initiative by Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL): http://www.moh.gov.my/index.php/database_stores/store_view/33
Their usual opening hour:
The objective of Klinik 1Malaysia is to provide medical services to the people who are less affordable.
The scope of service does not limit to:
- Providing light medical service for fever, cough, flu and others mild illness that can be treated by simple medical prescription over the counter.
- A follow up of chronic diseases that is stable and controllable such as diabetic, high blood pressure, and asthma
- Cleaning of wound and opening stitches.
- Giving notice or referral letter to hospital with regards to contagious illness like dengue fever
- Consultation of health-related issue
- HIV Support program at some Klinik 1Malaysia outlets
To know more, you may find it at this link below:
Do share with your friends and love ones! You may not know someone will benefit from it anytime of the day.